Weird Badge is the 13th episode of Uncle Grandpa season 2, and the 65th episode overall of the series.
Uncle Grandpa helps a young girl learn unconventional survival skills that help rescue her troop.
The troop leader is questioning why isn't the raft tied together and the girls say that it's Emily's job and she's supposed to tie the logs they cut. Emily is then seen hanging from a piece of rope she found but it was actually the girl's rope trap, the troop leader questions if they were ever going to cut her down and the girls were just waiting for her to give them their rope cutting badges, she gives them the badges and proceeds to cut Emily down. Emily is trying to tie a raft together with some new rope and fails miserably and she sits at the edge of the pier and cries until and creature from the lake rises from the water and it turns out to be Uncle Grandpa. Uncle Grandpa is here to get his hands on some girl scout cookies and asks Emily how many boxes for $46.00 and she tells him it's 6 boxes and Uncle Grandpa confirms his purchase and Emily comes back and throws the boxes into the water. Emily tells Uncle Grandpa her problem and Uncle Grandpa says he's going to help her earn all the badges she'll ever need.
At the river edge Uncle Grandpa is teaching Emily the art of fish flopping. Next he tries to teacher her more weird arts to earn badges such as toadstool hopping, flying squirrel training, honey combing, confidence building, and gum trekking. Uncle Grandpa finally tells Emily that she has come a long way and gives her a Loch Ness Monster Whistle that attracts the nearest Lock Ness Monster to her current location via GPS and to use it in a real emergency, Emily knows and Uncle Grandpa was letting the audience know. Uncle Grandpa presents Emily with the Weird Badge, Emily thanks him, and Uncle Grandpa proceeds to load up on more girl scout cookies and leaves. The other girls are busy tie the raft Emily never built, Emily arrives and shows off the Weird Badge Uncle Grandpa gave her and they laugh at her. Emily wants to know when are they going on the raft, one of the girls inform Emily that the raft is for real girl scouts with real badges. Emily cries alone in the woods talking about how Uncle Grandpa really knows how to help and it cuts to Uncle Grandpa talking to the cookies as he drives into a dam and breaks. The river overflows and Emily sees her troop getting carried away to a waterfall, Emily wishes that Uncle Grandpa was there and he is there, in a nickel on the badge, Nickel Uncle Grandpa knows that Emily can do it because she earned the Weird Badge and he tells her to use it.
The troop is on a rock surrounded by bears and Emily swoops in on a flying squirrel and begins to flop like a fish to distract the bears until the Bald Eagle from confidence building arrives in a convertible with his new girlfriend Beverly, The Eagle slams on the breaks and Uncle Grandpa and Emily bounce off a toadstool, while in the air Emily chews on gum and creates a helicopter to land by her troop. Emily uses the Loch Ness Monster Whistle and alerts a Scottish Man who presses a button that alerts the Loch Ness Monster who carries the troop to safety. Uncle Grandpa says he'll never forget how Emily saved her troop by using weird and tells her to continue to fish flop and that it was an honor to serve her and he disappears. The troop leader thanks Emily for her courage and wants to give her the Life Saving Badge but she declines it saying that she has the only badge she needs and proceeds to fish flop away. The troop leader says that Emily also earned the most cookies ever sold badge and wonder who would want 39,000 boxes, and it cuts to Uncle Grandpa jumping into a pool of cookies.
- Emily is part of Little Miss Campers Troop #23.
- Lexus, Lori, and Lisa all talk in sync as they are twin triplets.
- Uncle Grandpa rising from the lake is a reference to "The Creature from the Black Lagoon".
- Uncle Grandpa breaks the 4th wall when he presented the Loch Ness Monster Whistle saying to let the audience know in case it ends up being important.
- Uncle Grandpa diving into the pool of milk and cookies is a parody off of Scrooge McDuck's famous money dive.
- The skills Uncle Grandpa tries to teach Emily:
- Fish Flopping
- Toadstool Hopping
- Flying Squirrel Training
- Honey Combing
- Confidence Building
- Gum Trekking
- The Lock Ness monster whistle has the power to alert a center of help in Scotland, where the Lock Ness Monster is released.
- The Weird Badge is made up of ear wax, a tooth, a paperclip, a clover, and a nickel.
- Uncle Grandpa treats a pile of boxes of girl scout cookies as a separate person.
- Because of Uncle Grandpa, he put the scout troop in danger by driving into the dam and flooding the river.
- The bears that threatened the scout troop were the same ones from Dog Day.
- The Eagle had changed his life around after Emily helped him out, he has a new car and a girlfriend named Bethany.
- Emily had earned the "life saving badge" as the only real badge she earned.
- Uncle Grandpa bought 39,000 boxes of cookies from Emily at once.
- Running Gags:
- Uncle Grandpa eating and buying cookies.
- Uncle Grandpa trying to teach Emily more skills.
- Emily using her skills to save her troop.
- After the dam breaks, the river has no cost line.
- While Emily was trying to save her troop, Uncle Grandpa appeared back on the nickel while he was in Emily's head.
- The Scottish Man's lips turned into his beard.
- There are more cookies in the RV than when Uncle Grandpa bought the cookies.