Wasteland is the 52nd episode of Uncle Grandpa Season 1, and the 52nd overall episode of the series.
Uncle Grandpa must rescue his friends from an overflowing pile of trash.
Uncle Grandpa is siting down watching a show called "Love or Cactus", Jim has to make a choice but they go to the commercial, Uncle Grandpa gets hungry so he warms up a burrito but he takes his first bite he shatters into pieces, another Uncle Grandpa cleans up the shattered Uncle Grandpa and stuffs him in the trash. The trash starts to rumble and Uncle Grandpa goes back to watching his show, Mr. Gus says that it's Uncle Grandpa's turn to take out the trash, Uncle Grandpa says that he'll take it out after Jim makes his final decision, Mr. Gus goes to play cards with Belly Bag and Pizza Steve, and on the show Jim makes the decision of the cactus. Uncle Grandpa gets surprised and then the trash overflows, Belly Bag, Mr. Gus and Pizza Steve all get trapped in the trash and Uncle Grandpa hits his head on the tube. Uncle Grandpa wakes up with memory loss and calls out Mr. Goose, and Pretty Steve and wonders where everyone went. A dinosaur creature walks up to Uncle Grandpa and barfs in his face, Uncle Grandpa then hears Belly Bag calling out for help and he yells out BOOGIE BOARD and he runs to go find him.
Uncle Grandpa approaches a banana peel mine field and cautions himself to not step on a banana peel or he'll fall on his butt, he steps on one but he doesn't fall over but a banana guy comes out of nowhere and pushes him over. Uncle Grandpa then steps on another peel and he slides into a junk mail forest, he thinks he can just walk through the forest but he gets caught by the stupid deals that the junk mail vines offer, Uncle Grandpa throws his head to the other side where another body is waiting for him. Uncle Grandpa then stumbles into a camp of leftovers who demand to be eaten, Uncle Grandpa runs away and makes it to the microwave where he decides to eat the leftovers. Uncle Grandpa puts all the leftovers in the microwave and hits evil instead of 15 or 30, all the trash along with the leftover transforms into a huge trash monster, the trash monster then barfs up the rest of the gang and Pizza Steve says that Uncle Grandpa needs to take the trash out. Uncle Grandpa gets the idea of taking the trash out on a date, and the monster starts to blush and they go on dates together.
Once inside a restaurant, Uncle Grandpa calls his friends to pick him up, the RV crashes through the wall and Uncle Grandpa abandons the trash monster. The trash monster is crying and Jim is siting at another table with his cactus, he finally decides to choose love and pushes the cactus off the table and decides to be with the trash monster, the trash monster then gets all happy.
- This is the first episode of the series where Uncle Grandpa doesn't have Belly Bag on his stomach.
- Uncle Grandpa and Mr. Gus had different character designs in this episode only due to the fact that the episode was boarded by Nick Edwards.
- Mr. Gus' design wasn't different until the intermission.
- Dr. Feelgoose is a reference to "Dr. Feelgood", a slang term for a drug dealer.
- The Leftovers' chant "You didn't want us, gobble gobble" is a reference to 1932 horror film Freaks.
- In title card of the episode, you can see that Uncle Grandpa is with a plush tiger, a plant and a slice of pizza, probably are Mr. Gus, Pizza Steve and Giant Realistic Flying Tiger transformed that little short than the floating head of Uncle Grandpa turns them.