Viewer Special is the 24th episode of Uncle Grandpa season 1, and the 24th overall episode of the series.
Uncle Grandpa announces a winner to draw on the television screen, but Kev draws several monsters and the gang have to go through some trouble, as well as some minor redesigns.
- Kev's Monsters
- Peter Browngardt (Cameo)
- Festro (Cameo)
- Dingle (Cameo)
- Slog (Cameo)
- Gweelok (Cameo)
- Fart (Cameo)
- Alien Skulls
- Drum Monster
- Guitar Monster
- Red Guitar Monster
- Knife Man
The episode starts off with Uncle Grandpa and the gang announcing a contest where they pick a name out of Belly Bag and whoever they pick gets to draw the next episode of Uncle Grandpa. Uncle Grandpa picks the name "Kev". He begins to call out for a punk teenager Kev, who is shown in his living room staring blankly at the television screen. When Kev realizes Uncle Grandpa is calling him, he comes to his senses and approaches the TV. When Uncle Grandpa tells him he's the lucky winner and gets to draw the episode, Kev doesn't seem too happy. He tells Uncle Grandpa that he didn't want to draw his "stupid show" because "art is dumb". Uncle Grandpa encourages him that if he tries it he will like it.
Just then, a knock is heard on Kev's door. Kev answers it and is greeted by Frankenstein, who hands him a magical pen. Uncle Grandpa encourages Kev to draw on the television screen with things he sees in his mind. Kev takes this advice and ends up drawing a post-apocalyptic waste land. Everyone else is afraid, but Uncle Grandpa seems impressed with how creative Kev is. Kev then draws a large knife in the middle of the ground, which ends up falling and just barely missing Uncle Grandpa, Mr. Gus, and Pizza Steve. Uncle Grandpa suggests that Kev should create a plot for the episode, so Kev creates a rock band set for them. The Gang takes the instruments and begin to play some rock music, but Kev does not like the music.
To stop them from playing, Kev turns their instruments into monsters. This freaks out the Uncle Grandpa gang and causes them all to climb up a nearby palm tree away from the monsters. Uncle Grandpa asks if Kev could tone his creations down a bit, but Kev doesn't listen. Kev continues to draw monsters to torment them. Uncle Grandpa continues to try and plead with Kev to stop, but Kev had enough of Uncle Grandpa's pleas. To make Uncle Grandpa be quiet, he redraws Uncle Grandpa, Pizza Steve, and Mr. Gus into his own creations.
After being turned into Kev's creations, Uncle Grandpa gets an idea that will force Kev to give him the magical pen back. Uncle Grandpa uses reverse psychology to get Kev to draw a chainsaw attachment onto his chin. Uncle Grandpa uses his chainsaw chin to cut a large hole through the TV where he and his friends escape into Kev's room. Kev complains and worries that his stepfather will be very angry with the broken TV, but Uncle Grandpa reassures him that he will make Kev a new TV if he hands over the magical pen. Just as Kev is about to hand the magical pen to him, Kev's monster creations come flying out of the TV ready to attack. They drive Kev out into the backyard where they corner him against a fence. Kev calls out for Uncle Grandpa's help. Pizza Steve is hesitant about helping, but Uncle Grandpa scolds Pizza Steve for his hesitance and asks Kev to draw them some erasers. Kev draws erasers for them and they immediately start erasing Kev's monters. Just when Kev thought it was safe, the giant duck he created (named Quackers) came to attack. Uncle Grandpa took the magic pen from Kev and turned Quackers' head into a bomb. Quackers ran away, so Uncle Grandpa took this moment of peace to draw his friends back to normal. Kev apologizes for tormenting them and confesses that he learned to appreciate art a great deal and wants to become a famous artist.
Uncle Grandpa encourages this idea. Kev tells Uncle Grandpa that he could perhaps attend a fancy art school, in which Uncle Grandpa warns him about a life of heavy student loans. Uncle Grandpa says his goodbye to Kev and takes the rest of his gang into the RV and flies away. Kev is about to go back to drawing, but Quackers comes up behind him and blows up, concluding the episode.
- This is the third episode Kev makes an appearance in an episode. The first one is "Secret Mountain Uncle Grandpa" and the second one was "Brain Game".
- The characters from "Secret Mountain Fort Awesome" appear in Uncle Grandpa's yearbook.
- Kev believes art is dumb until he actually learns how to appreciate it.
- The fourth wall was broken several times throughout the episode.
- Uncle Grandpa's show is present inside of the actual Uncle Grandpa show.
- The episode revolves around someone coming up with the plot of the episode (ironic, because in reality that WAS the plot).
- Mr. Gus is able to regenerate his body parts.
- This is probably the most violent episode in the series.
- Up close, Kev has blue eyes.
- A younger version of Peter Browngardt is in Uncle Grandpa's yearbook.
- When Uncle Grandpa shouts "Here's Grandpa!" through the hole in the TV, it is a reference to the "Here's Johnny" scene from "The Shinning".
- Uncle Grandpa states that "The pen is mightier than the duck", the original saying is "The pen is mightier than the sword".
- Running Gags:
- Uncle Grandpa giving Kev tips on what he should do.
- Kev has a sign in his room that tells people it's his room, where it should be outside.
- Before Uncle Grandpa sawed through the TV it was blank with nothing on the screen.
- Kev only drew three erasers, four erasers were used in battle.