Perfect Kid is the 19th episode of Uncle Grandpa season 1, and the 19th overall episode of the series. There is a guest appearance by former NBA basketball player Shaquille O'Neal in the episode.
Uncle Grandpa turns Austin into a robot so he can be perfect.
- Shaquille O'Neal
- Truck Driver
- The Ha-Ha Club Audience
- Nameless Woman Running
- Nameless Man Running
- Hermit Crab
- Nameless Man with Glasses
The episode starts off with Austin attempting to perform chore tasks. Unfortunately, he was unsuccessful in his endeavor to do so. Uncle Grandpa comes crashing through Austin's window thinking it is a sandwich restaurant. He realizes then that it isn't, but stays anyways to help Austin. Austin complains to Uncle Grandpa that he can't do anything right and would like to be perfect. Uncle Grandpa figured the best solution for that would be to turn Austin into a robot.
Uncle Grandpa turns Austin into a robot called Austin 2.0 who is a robot fixated on perfection. Unfortunately for Uncle Grandpa, this fixation on perfection backfired. Austin 2.0 wanted to destroy Uncle Grandpa for being imperfect. After a crazy fight and several crazy chases, Uncle Grandpa ends up at a comedy club called "The HaHa Club". Uncle Grandpa meets up with Shaquille O'Neal who helps him fight Austin 2.0. Unfortunately for both Uncle Grandpa and Shaquille, Austin 2.0 is able to defeat them. Uncle Grandpa asks Austin 2.0 for a tuna sandwich before Austin 2.0 sets out to destroy him.
Austin 2.0 agrees, claiming to construct the most perfect tuna fish sandwich. When Uncle Grandpa tastes this sandwich, he tells Austin 2.0 that it isn't all that great. This freaks Austin 2.0 out and causes him to blow up and turn back into Austin. Austin thanks Uncle Grandpa for teaching him a lesson about perfection, being yourself, and working hard. Uncle Grandpa ends the episode by going on the HaHa Club's stage and slamming some jokes, stolen from Shaq.
- Uncle Grandpa breaks the 4th wall when he reveals the camera crew in Austin's room.
- And again when he says "let's just pretend this moment I say something really profound and important that justifies everything that happened".
- According to Austin 2.0, Uncle Grandpa is the most imperfect thing ever.
- There's a picture of Austin with his parents in his house, his parents faces are cut off.
- Shaquille O'Neal makes a guest appearance as himself.
- This is the second episode to not have two intermissions after Uncle Grandpa for a Day.
- This is Shaquille O'Neal's second animated guest appearance since his appearance in DC's 90s-2000s Animated Universe title "Static Shock".
- Besides the other shorts, Giant Realistic Flying Tiger, Mr. Gus, and Pizza Steve are all absent in this episode. The first time this happened was in Space Emperor.
- This is the first time the UG RV is absent in this episode.
- Uncle Grandpa helped Shaq realize his dream to become a standup comedian.
- The way the audience members joined together to create a giant person resembles "Voltron".
- The fight between Austin 2.0 and Uncle Grandpa resembles "Street Fighter".
- Since this is portraying a robot fight, it could also reference "Pacific Rim".
- Austin learns that "trying to be the perfect kid is pretty much imposible and that our imperfections are what makes us who we are and in a way just to be yourself is the perfect solution".
- Running Gags:
- Austin messing things up.
- Austin 2.0 trying to destroy Uncle Grandpa.
- Uncle Grandpa wanting a tuna sandwich.
- The truck driver noticing he has to fix his broken mirrors.
- In a scene in Austin's room, a close up on Belly Bag shows Uncle Grandpa with hairy legs.
- When Austin 2.0 shoots Uncle Grandpa's overalls, Belly Bag has human teeth.
- Henry's house when ripped up shows no floor, somehow Henry is still inside.