Funny Face is the 4th episode of Uncle Grandpa season 1, and the 4th overall episode of the series.
Uncle Grandpa makes a funny face that it takes on a life of its own and terrorizes everyone in The UG RV.
The episode begins with Uncle Grandpa, Pizza Steve, Belly Bag, and Giant Realistic Flying Tiger having a "funny face party", taking turns as they make silly faces at each other. Mr. Gus comes over and questions what they are doing. They all explain to Mr. Gus that they were having a funny face party and did not invite him because he is too serious and rarely laughs. Mr. Gus warns them to be careful with their funny face party before leaving them to do whatever.
After Mr. Gus leaves, Uncle Grandpa takes his turn by making the ultimate funny face. He makes the rest of the gang laugh into tears. Uncle Grandpa detaches the funny face from his body to see how funny it truly is. He ends up laughing as hard as the rest of the gang. After laughing for a while, they decide to end their funny face party and go about their day. Little do they know, the Funny Face Head follows them as they do.
Pizza Steve sleeps on the couch and has a dream about doing a bunch of cool stuff and claiming that he actually does it for real. The Funny Face Head comes and wakes Pizza Steve up. When Pizza Steve awakens, he begins to laugh really hard at the Funny Face Head's funny face to the point of making the couch fall over.
Tiger was in her room painting her claws before the Funny Face Head barges into her room. The Funny Face Head makes her laugh so hard that her fur comes off.
Uncle Grandpa is cooking a telephone on the stove with Belly Bag. As Uncle Grandpa is talking on the phone he is cooking with Belly Bag, Funny Face Head appears on the other line making funny noises. Uncle Grandpa and Belly Bag begin to laugh really hard, especially after they find out the face is right next to them. After laughing for a bit, Uncle Grandpa tells the Funny Face Head to stop. Of course it does not stop, so Uncle Grandpa explodes only to appear only to appear running down the hallway trying to get away from the Funny Face Head.
Uncle Grandpa and Belly Bag end up hiding in a closet, where they find Pizza Steve and Tiger hiding as well. They all mutually agree that the funny face is making them laugh too much. The Funny Face Head ends up being in the closet with them, so they run out of the closet laughing. The Funny Face Head chases them all over the RV. Mr. Gus sees these shenanigans and thinks they are just simply having a good time without him.
Uncle Grandpa tells the others that they must destroy the Funny Face Head. So they put on some army gear ready to attack the Funny Face Head. Unfortunately for them, they can't stay serious enough to destroy the Funny Face Head, so they end up crawling into a room to hide again. They try to devise a plan to defeat the Funny Face Head, and they end up coming up with recruiting Mr. Gus to help them because of his serious demeanor.
They make their way to Mr. Gus's room, locking the door behind them so the Funny Face Head can't come in. Uncle Grandpa knocks on Mr. Gus's bedroom door. Mr. Gus opens it before Uncle Grandpa begins to explain everything that happened and why they need his help. Mr. Gus refuses to help due to the fact he was excluded from their party. Mr. Gus shuts the door on the rest of the gang, leaving them all very upset.
As they are discussing how bad they feel, the Funny Face Head begins to knock on the door. Tiger and Pizza Steve try to hold the door to the best of their ability as Uncle Grandpa creates an invitation for Mr. Gus to join their "Destroy the Funny Face" party. Uncle Grandpa knocks on the door again and gives Mr. Gus the invitation. Mr. Gus again refuses him, stating that they are no longer friends.
Uncle Grandpa and everyone else get very distraught by this news. They all begin to cry over the loss of their friendship as the Funny Face breaks in and tries to make them all laugh. Unfortunately for the Funny Face Head, they were all so upset that they were beyond being cheered up by a silly face. This made the Funny Face pop like a balloon and fly right out of the RV.
Though they destroyed the Funny Face, they were still very upset that they lost their friendship. Mr. Gus comes out of his room to inform them all that he's actually still their friend and he said what he said because he knew that would help them become serious enough to destroy the Funny Face. The gang is happy to hear this, so Uncle Grandpa announces a "Cuddle with Mr. Gus" party as they all give Mr. Gus a big, warm group hug.
- This is the second episode to have Uncle Grandpa crying, the first being Tiger Trails.
- In this episode, the giant flying funny face makes sortant noises that can also be heard in DreamWorks Interactive's 1996 video game, The Neverhood, When Klayman eats a fruit from the Mushroom tree, the sounds are very subtle so you need to listen carefully.
- Uncle Grandpa has the power to create a funny face that becomes sentient.
- The real person behind the funny face is actually Peter Browngardt, the show's creator.
- The reason why the gang didn't invite Mr. Gus to the funny face party is because his sense of humor is a little too sophisticated.
- The funny face seems to broadcast music whenever it's near someone.
- Mr. Gus seems to enjoy eating insects.
- Pizza Steve deems himself to be the funniest one in the RV and the world.
- Uncle Grandpa is able to project holograms from his eyes.
- The waiting room before Mr. Gus' room shows portraits of what could possibly be the gang's ancestors from past generations.
- Pizza Steve states that they weren't invited to the greatest Martian contest.
- The scene of the gang crying over Mr. Gus in the episode, it was used as an official sign off for Cartoon Network in 2014.
- The room that the gang enters before reaching Mr. Gus' room features a few portrait that reference a few Disney animated films, a portrait of Belly Bag as "Cinderella" and a portrait of Giant Realistic Flying Tiger dressed as Mickey Mouse from "Fantasia".
- Running Gags:
- The gang making funny faces.
- The funny face making the gang laugh really hard.
- The funny face making everyone laugh so hard it starts to exhaust them.
- Mr. Gus feeling left out because he didn't get invited to the funny face party.
- Belly Bag stating that they hurt Mr. Gus' feelings.
- The sink in the kitchen is replaced by a stove in this episode.